Tuesday, November 19, 2013
What To Do About Stained Teeth
Why are my teeth stained and what can I do about it?
In the previous post, the causes of tooth staining was discussed. Unfortunately, many times the offending stainer was a food or beverage and sometimes one that contained beneficial antioxidants. While you can reduce the amount of blueberries you eat, moderation and balance in your diet is probably a better answer, according to WebMD.
So what can you do?
1. When drinking any of the foods that can stain, use a straw. These would include: colas, juices, tea and wine.
2. Swallow promptly instead of allowing the food or drink to linger will also help to reduce the amount of staining to your teeth.
3. After eating and drinking any of the foods, rinse your mouth with water. Brushing and flossing is always recommended after a meal, but it isn't always convenient. Swishing with water will at least remove some of the damaging elements from your mouth.
4. Chewing sugarless gum may also help with reducing stain.
5. Finally, see your dentist and/or hygienist on a regular basis.