Thursday, November 21, 2013
Cosmetic Dentistry in Hemet, California
Ever wondered, what is a Cosmetic Dentist?
Cosmetic dentistry is generally done to improve the color, shape or alignment of the teeth. "Cosmetic dentistry can improve self confidence and even your health," Dr. Judith Ko says from her Hemet Valley Dental Practice.
Cosmetic procedures can be any of the following:
1. Whitening. When teeth are stained, whitening is a easy and affordable way to restore a smile to its whitest.
2. White Fillings. Composite material is generally used to create white fillings that can be matched to natural teeth. This material also has an additional benefit, it does an excellent job of bonding to the tooth and can prevent future breakage, unlike a silver, or amalgam filling.
3. Porcelain Inlays or Onlays. These lab fabricated fillings are also a great way to restore tooth structure and at the same time keep a smile at it's best.
4. Porcelain Crowns & Fixed Bridges. These are lab fabricated and can be created to change the shape of a tooth to form a lovely and natural smile.
5. Porcelain Veneers. Veneers are thin wafer-like porcelain facings that can be placed to change the shape of a tooth.
6. Tissue re-contouring. The gum tissue creating a frame around your teeth can be modified and evened out to really showcase beautiful teeth.
7. Orthodontics. When the teeth are not in alignment, seeing an orthodontist might be the best fix. Misaligned teeth can cause not only a poor smile, but also create challenges for eating.
"Cosmetic dentistry really covers a large range of procedures," adds Dr. Judith Ko. "All of them designed to create a more youthful look and a brighter smile."